At CheckRecipient, we have the ambitious goal of protecting enterprise networks against new and intelligent cyber threats, making it impossible for sensitive information to end up in the wrong hands.
Through advanced machine learning and natural language processing (NLP), CheckRecipient prevents breaches in real-time, outsmarting traditional rule-based, admin-intensive approaches which can only report a breach after it has occurred.
Founded by a team of Imperial College engineers, we’re backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We work with international clients in the financial, legal and professional services sectors who trust us to find the most intelligent ways to keep their data secure.We’re looking to work with the brightest minds to help us accomplish our goal and tackle the biggest cybersecurity problems.
Winner - WIRED Security 2016 Best Startup Award
Winner - LegalGeek Best Machine Intelligence Start Up 2016
Winner - Info Security Product Guide’s Global Excellence Awards 2017 for the Best Security Startup
Engineering At CheckRecipient
Dealing with massive datasets at scale requires ingenuity and strong analytical skills. Our agnostic approach to problem solving means we favour hiring engineers who pride themselves on the ability to learn new skills, their comfort with the unknown and their willingness to experiment.
At CheckRecipient you’ll be growing your skill-set on an ongoing basis; regular and continuous development is something we believe in and as an employee we will seek to create opportunities for you to evolve.
We build quickly and follow both agile and continuous delivery paradigms. As a member of the CheckRecipient engineering team, you will have the autonomy to work on your own projects, and be part of our regular round tables to bounce ideas around as a team on how to tackle our biggest challenges.
Here are some of the technologies we’re working with:
Here are some of the technologies we're interested in:
You should apply if you:
- you have deployed machine learning into the wild, rather than for purely academic research
- want to join a fun and fast growing company
- are a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- also believe that data scientists are most effective when they are responsible for getting ideas into production (see here)
- you’re happy getting your hands dirty data munging and working with unstructured data
- aren’t afraid by the unknown - there is little prior research for the problems we are tackling
- have strong SQL and python skills
- are comfortable working with big data technologies e.g. Redshift, Spark, or similar
- are happy to drive projects from idea to production without much guidance
- have a strong background in statistical analysis
- you have experience working with NLP (extra special bonus: in document classification)
- interested in using deep learning with big datasets
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity options
- Choose your own kit
- Central London office location
- Regular team socials and activities
How to apply
Please attach your résumé and take the time to write a quick cover letter about why you’d like to work at CheckRecipient and specifically what attracts you to this role.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters unless we have specifically asked a given recruiter to submit candidates for this role
- Please note that we can only accept applications from people who currently have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor someone to work in the UK who does not currently have the right to do so