Tech Lead Engineer
CheckRecipient uses advanced machine learning and natural language processing (NLP) to make it impossible for sensitive information to end up in the wrong hands. We protect enterprise networks against new and intelligent cyber threats by preventing breaches in real-time.
Founded by a team of Imperial College engineers, we’re backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We work with international clients in the financial, legal and professional services sectors who trust us to find the most intelligent ways to keep their data secure.
We’ve recently closed a fundraising round of $2.7m led by Accel and LocalGlobe and we are looking to work with the brightest minds to help us accomplish our goal and help us defend our clients against the biggest cybersecurity problems.
We’re looking to work with the brightest minds to help us accomplish our goal and help us defend our clients against the biggest cybersecurity problems.
Engineering at CheckRecipient
Dealing with massive datasets at scale requires ingenuity and strong analytical skills. We build quickly and follow both agile and continuous delivery paradigms. As a member of the CheckRecipient engineering team, you will have the autonomy to work on your own projects, and be part of our regular round tables to bounce ideas around as a team on how to tackle our biggest challenges. We believe in Deep Work and ensure our Engineers have the option of two 2-hour uninterrupted sessions a day with no external distractions.
As Lead Engineer of the CheckRecipient engineering team, you will help direct the future of the Company, managing our roadmap, our engineers and taking ownership of tech objectives. You will work closely with the CTO to define the ambitions, priorities and technologies of the engineering team, and be the main driving force behind our move to microservices and a scalable infrastructure.
Here are some of the technologies we’re working with:
Here are some of the technologies we're interested in:
Winner - INFOSEC 2017 Most Innovative Cyber Security Company
Winner - Info Security Product Guide’s Global Excellence Awards 2017 for the Best Security Startup
Winner - WIRED Security 2016 Best Startup Award
Winner - LegalGeek Best Machine Intelligence Start Up 2016
You should apply if you:
- are an experienced engineer, looking to take a step to the next level
- are interested in leading a team
- a great problem solver who takes pride in their work; both planning and managing as well as getting stuck-in
- are comfortable with the unknown and love to experiment
- can construct good arguments for methodologies or practices
- have a passion for learning new skills and technologies
- have good knowledge of Python (but ideally you’re language agnostic and will use the best tool for the job)
- are interested in working on a microservices architecture
- have an interest in machine learning and big data
- have experience working at scale and with taking engineering to scale
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity options
- Choose your own kit
- Central London office location
- Regular team socials and activities
We do not accept applications or résumés from 3rd party recruiters.
We are currently unable to sponsor applicants who do not have a right to work in the UK