Senior Messaging Engineer (SMTP, .NET, Node.js, Outlook, DevOps)
At CheckRecipient, we have the ambitious goal of protecting enterprise networks against new and intelligent cyber threats, making it impossible for sensitive information to end up in the wrong hands.
Through advanced machine learning and natural language processing (NLP), CheckRecipient prevents breaches in real-time, outsmarting traditional rule-based, admin-intensive approaches which can only report a breach after it has occurred.
Founded by a team of Imperial College engineers, we’re backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We work with international clients in the financial, legal and professional services sectors who trust us to find the most intelligent ways to keep their data secure.
We’ve recently closed a fundraising round of $2.7m led by Accel and LocalGlobe and we are looking to work with the brightest minds to help us accomplish our goal and help us defend our clients against the biggest cybersecurity problems.
CheckRecipient joins Microsoft Accelerator
We're delighted to announce that CheckRecipient has been selected to join the Microsoft Accelerator. The programme, which will begin in October, will provide us with unprecedented access to top Microsoft partners and customers, powerful business connections, and world-leading technical knowledge.Developing at CheckRecipient
We hope to demonstrate to our clients that enterprise software can be done differently. We aim for a minimal-disruption approach to tackling email-based threats and we need our software - and our developers working on our client-side integrations - to enable this. This role will involve working closely with both the Technology team and our professional clients to deliver results, and an intuitive mind to solve whatever challenges may arise in deploying to multiple clients with bespoke exchange environments.
Our ideal senior candidate will be willing to take on management responsibilities, overseeing and nurturing a growing development team. We're looking for people willing to learn and upskill in new areas and grow with the role which can take a number of directions as our team and company scales.
This role is very varied and will offer opportunities to work across some of the following areas:
- Working as a developer on a scalable platform for real-time processing of email through a mail gateway, using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ and PostgreSQL and implementing and architecting our product infrastructure
- Working closely with clients to deploy our Outlook and Mail-server integrations, and building out roadmap features for this, and assisting with ongoing testing (including building out automated testing environments), fixes, and continuous integration
- Investigating and working with cloud-based services to assist with both testing and deployment
- There is an opportunity to work on mobile development for the app-versions of our products.
- Working with our sales engineer to manage and implement client needs and requests
Do you tick some of these boxes? Then please apply!
Some interest/experience with:
- DevOps (e.g. Docker or Kubernetes)
- Email: MAPI, SMTP, OOM, Email syncing, Outlook Redemption, Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft office integrations, Outlook, and Outlook add-ins
Winner - Cyber Security Breakthrough Overall Enterprise Email Security Solution Provider of the Year 2017
Winner - CogX 2017 Best Innovation in Data Protection and Privacy
Winner - INFOSEC 2017 Most Innovative Cyber Security Company
Winner - Info Security Product Guide’s Global Excellence Awards 2017 for the Best Security Startup
Winner - WIRED Security 2016 Best Startup Award
Winner - LegalGeek Best Machine Intelligence Start Up 2016
You can check out some photos of our team on our Instagram, or check out our team page.
Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Competitive salary (£50,000+ p.a. dependent on experience) and meaningful equity options
- Choose your own tech kit - laptop & OS
- Central London office location (EC1Y 8SL) with shared roof terrace and community events (including a monthly feast and 'cake Wednesdays'!).
- Regular team socials and activities
- Personal Development; we are always keen to encourage personal development, so:
- CheckRecipient Library: if you have a work-relevant book you want to read, we'll buy it for you to read then add it to the library!
- We are always willing to consider requests for personal development training and courses.
- Relocation: if you have the right to work in the UK* and are coming from abroad, we will provide accommodation in an AirBnB for a week to help you make the move, and can make salary payments to an international bank for the first three months. We also have some handy tips and checklists to help with your relocation.
Equality and Diversity
CheckRecipient is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
How to apply
Please attach your résumé and take the time to write a quick cover letter about why you’d like to work at CheckRecipient and specifically what attracts you to this role.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters unless we have specifically asked a given recruiter to submit candidates for this role
- *Please note that we can only accept applications from people who currently have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor someone to work in the UK who does not currently have the right to do so