Frontend Developer (React)
At CheckRecipient, we have the ambitious goal of protecting enterprise networks against new and intelligent cyber threats, making it impossible for sensitive information to end up in the wrong hands.
Through advanced machine learning and natural language processing (NLP), CheckRecipient prevents breaches in real-time, outsmarting traditional rule-based, admin-intensive approaches which can only report a breach after it has occurred.
Founded by a team of Imperial College engineers, we’re backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We work with international clients in the financial, legal and professional services sectors who trust us to find the most intelligent ways to keep their data secure.
We’ve recently closed a fundraising round of $2.7m led by Accel and LocalGlobe and we are looking to work with the brightest minds to help us accomplish our goal and help us defend our clients against the biggest cybersecurity problems.
CheckRecipient joins Microsoft Accelerator
We're delighted to announce that CheckRecipient has been selected to join the Microsoft Accelerator. The programme, which will begin in October, will provide us with unprecedented access to top Microsoft partners and customers, powerful business connections, and world-leading technical knowledge.
Engineering At CheckRecipient
Dealing with massive datasets at scale requires ingenuity and strong analytical skills. Our agnostic approach to problem solving means we favour hiring engineers who pride themselves on the ability to learn new skills, their comfort with the unknown and their willingness to experiment.
At CheckRecipient you’ll be growing your skill-set on an ongoing basis; regular and continuous development is something we believe in and as an employee we will seek to create opportunities for you to evolve.
We build quickly and follow both agile and continuous delivery paradigms. As a member of the CheckRecipient engineering team, you will have the autonomy to work on your own projects, and be part of our regular round tables to bounce ideas around as a team on how to tackle our biggest challenges. We believe in Deep Work and ensure our Engineers have the option of two 2-hour uninterrupted sessions a day with no external distractions.
Here are some of the technologies we’re working with:
- Python (Django /Flask) , (legacy: Ruby)
- SQL (SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL)
- AWS Services
You should apply if a lot of the below sounds like you:
- are a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- enjoy the challenge of working with and presenting summaries of large datasets
- have a passion for learning new skills and technologies
- have worked on large, complex Enterprise dashboards before
- are equally comfortable working on frontend and backend tasks
- You know enough python to directly plug into our backend
Winner - Cyber Security Breakthrough Overall Enterprise Email Security Solution Provider of the Year 2017
Winner - CogX 2017 Best Innovation in Data Protection and Privacy
Winner - INFOSEC 2017 Most Innovative Cyber Security Company
Winner - Info Security Product Guide’s Global Excellence Awards 2017 for the Best Security Startup
Winner - WIRED Security 2016 Best Startup Award
Winner - LegalGeek Best Machine Intelligence Start Up 2016
You can check out some photos of our team on our Instagram, or check out our team page.
- Competitive salary (£40,000-£65,000 p.a. dependent on experience) and meaningful equity options
- Choose your own tech kit - laptop & OS
- Central London office location (EC1Y 8SL) with shared roof terrace and community events (including a monthly feast and 'cake Wednesdays'!).
- Regular team socials and activities
- Personal Development; we are always keen to encourage personal development, so:
- CheckRecipient Library: if you have a work-relevant book you want to read, we'll buy it for you to read then add it to the library!
- We are always willing to consider requests for personal development training and courses
- Relocation: if you have the right to work in the UK* and are coming from abroad, we will provide accommodation in an AirBnB for a week to help you make the move, and can make salary payments to an international bank for the first three months. We also have some handy tips and checklists to help with your relocation.
How to apply
Please attach your résumé and take the time to write a quick cover letter about why you’d like to work at CheckRecipient and specifically what attracts you to this role.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters unless we have specifically asked a given recruiter to submit candidates for this role
- *Please note that we can only accept applications from people who currently have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor someone to work in the UK who does not currently have the right to do so
Equality and Diversity
CheckRecipient is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.