Frontend Developer (React)
You'll get to work on designing and developing a brilliant and complex React app from scratch.
At Tessian (formerly CheckRecipient), we have the ambitious goal of protecting enterprise networks against new and intelligent cyber threats, making it impossible for sensitive information to end up in the wrong hands.
Through advanced machine learning and natural language processing (NLP), Tessian prevents breaches in real-time, outsmarting traditional rule-based, admin-intensive approaches which can only report a breach after it has occurred.
Founded by a team of Imperial College engineers, we’re backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors. We work with international clients in the financial, legal and professional services sectors who trust us to find the most intelligent ways to keep their data secure.
We’ve recently closed a fundraising round of $2.7m led by Accel and LocalGlobe and we are looking to work with the brightest minds to help us accomplish our goal and help us defend our clients against the biggest cybersecurity problems.
Engineering At Tessian
Dealing with massive datasets at scale requires ingenuity and strong analytical skills. Our agnostic approach to problem solving means we favour hiring engineers who pride themselves on the ability to learn new skills, their comfort with the unknown and their willingness to experiment.
At Tessian you’ll be growing your skill-set on an ongoing basis; regular and continuous development is something we believe in and as an employee we will seek to create opportunities for you to evolve.
We build quickly and follow both agile and continuous delivery paradigms. As a member of the Tessian engineering team, you will have the autonomy to work on your own projects, and be part of our regular round tables to bounce ideas around as a team on how to tackle our biggest challenges. We believe in Deep Work and ensure our Engineers have the option of two 2-hour uninterrupted sessions a day with no external distractions.
Technology stack snapshot:
You should apply if a lot of the below sounds like you:
- are a great problem solver who takes pride in their work
- enjoy the challenge of working with and presenting summaries of large datasets
- have a passion for learning new skills and technologies
- have worked on large, complex Enterprise dashboards before
- are equally comfortable working on frontend and backend tasks
- You know enough python to directly plug into our backend
Winner - Cyber Security Breakthrough Overall Enterprise Email Security Solution Provider of the Year 2017
Winner - CogX 2017 Best Innovation in Data Protection and Privacy
Winner - INFOSEC 2017 Most Innovative Cyber Security Company
Winner - Info Security Product Guide’s Global Excellence Awards 2017 for the Best Security Startup
Winner - WIRED Security 2016 Best Startup Award
Winner - LegalGeek Best Machine Intelligence Start Up 2016
You can check out some photos of our team on our Instagram, or check out our team page.
- Competitive salary (£40,000-£85,000 p.a. dependent on experience) and meaningful equity options
- 25 days of holiday leave as well as 8 days off for UK public holidays
- Choose your own tech kit - laptop & OS
- Regular team socials and activities
- Flexible work start-times for the Tech team
- Ad-hoc work from home
- Personal Development; we are always keen to encourage personal development, so:
- Tessian Library: if you have a work-relevant book you want to read, we'll buy it for you to read then add it to the library!
- We are always willing to consider requests for personal development training and courses.
- Annual personal development fund
- Central London office location (EC1Y 8SL) with shared roof terrace and community events (including a monthly feast and 'cake Wednesdays'!) and:
- Weekly Ocado office-food deliveries of fruit, nuts, bread, cereal and snacks
- Amazing Pact coffee and a huge selection of Twinings Teas in the Office
- Annual benefit and Salary Reviews
- Cycle to work scheme, eyecare vouchers and childcare vouchers
- Subscription to the Headspace Meditation app
- Yoga in the office at lunchtime once a week
- Pension plan contributions
- Relocation: if you are coming from abroad, we will provide accommodation in an AirBnB for a week to help you make the move, and can make salary payments to an international bank for the first three months. We also have some handy tips and checklists to help with your relocation.
Equality and Diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. You can read our equality and diversity statement here. We're also a corporate member of WISE.
How to apply
Please attach your résumé and take the time to write a quick cover letter about why you’d like to work at Tessian and specifically what attracts you to this role.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters unless we have specifically asked a given recruiter to submit candidates for this role.
Please note: by submitting an application you consent to being contacted with the details provided with regards to to employment opportunities at Tessian